Nokia 3.1 Review
The Nokia 3.1 isn’t the cheapest among the HMD’s Android smartphones – there are lower-tier devices such as Nokia 2 and Nokia 1. But it’s the one aimed at the masses with that attractive €150 price tag and trendy display aspect.
And the Nokia 3.1 is a very thoughtful continuation of the Nokia 3 series that builds on every aspect of its predecessor. There is now a taller screen with some extra pixels and thinner bezels, doubled processing and graphics power, a higher-res camera, a larger battery, and a newer Android OS benefiting from Android One program.
So, even if you already own a Nokia 3, there are a lot of temptations that will make you think about an upgrade. Let’s take a glimpse at those goodies.
Nokia 3.1 specification
- Body: Plastic back, aluminum frame, front glass.
- Display: 5.2″ IPS LCD, 720×1,440px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 310ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary 13MP, f/2.0 aperture, autofocus, LED flash; 1080p/30fps.
- Front camera: 8MP, HDR; 720p/30fps.
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo (Android One)
- Chipset: MT6750: octa-core (4x 1.5GHz + 4x 1.0GHz) Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T860MP2 GPU.
- Memory: 2/3GB of RAM; 16/32GB storage; microSD slot.
- Battery: 2,990mAh Li-Ion (sealed);
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE, microUSB; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n; GPS; Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, FM radio.
- Misc: Single down-firing speaker; 3.5mm jack.
There is nothing really special about the Nokia 3.1 besides the fact it’s a Nokia and it has a tall screen. But we didn’t really expect any premium treatment – if it works smooth, shoots fine, and delivers on those promised upgrades – then it would be a job well done. Let’s find out!
Unboxing the Nokia 3.1
The Nokia 3.1 comes packed within a rather oversized paper box. Inside you’ll find the Nokia itself bundled with a 5W charger and a micro USB cable. There is also a cheap-looking headset with a mic.
There is no case or a screen protector included in the retail package of the Nokia 3.1. But we didn’t even expect a headset, so for what’s worth – we got more than we expected.
If you would have any questions or concerns, please leave your comments. I would be glad to explain in more details. Thank you so much for all your feedback and support!