Stop People Tagging Me
On Facebook, you can review all the contents on which you are tagged in before they finally appear on your timeline. You can also moderate posts/photos and can take appropriate action as per your security and privacy preferences.
If you want to prevent people from tagging you on their posts and photos, you must follow the instructions described below:
Note: The process specified in this tutorial won’t actually keep you from being tagged, but it would allow you to review the posts or photos and ask for your consent before the contents really appear on your timeline. If you do not want the tagged contents to appear on your timeline, you can choose the appropriate option as required.
- On your browser, open Facebook.com.
- On the Facebook’s welcome screen that opens up, log in with your credentials.
- On the homepage of your profile, click the settings button (the little gear symbol) present at the top right corner of the notifications tab.
- From the drop-down list that appears, click Settings.
- On the General Accounts Settings page that opens up, select Timeline and Tagging from the categories in the left pane.
- On the Timeline and Tagging page that opens up, click the Edit link representing the Review posts friend tag you in before they appear on your timeline heading.
- On the interface that slides opens, click the Disabled button.
- From the drop-down that appears, select Enabled and click the Close link to save the changes.
You will now be able to review and approve all the tags that have been applied on your profile before they appear on your timeline. To review your timeline you are required to click the Timeline Review button present at the left side of the Activity Log page.Note: To access your activity log page go to your timeline and click the Activity Log button situated below the cover photo of your profile.
If you would have any questions or concerns, please leave your comments. I would be glad to explain in more details. Thank you so much for all your feedback and support!